Glenn Martinez, of Olomana Gardens in Waimanalo, will be teaching a workshop on “Inventions and Innovations in Aquaponics”.
PLACE: at Kailua-Kona YWAM University of the Nations
DATE/TIME: November 18, 2017, Saturday, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (or 2 pm to 5 pm if morning class is oversubscribed).
Now is the time to see Glenn’s creations to improve operations in the aquaponics and aquaculture world.
Glenn will talk about his air lift pumps and the many ways in which these pumps can be used in the aquaponics system and around the farm, including:
- Getting away from the high use of electricity with more efficient water recirculation.
- Special features:
- Burper pumps
- Pipe in a Pipe pumps
- Tea Maker for plant nutrition
- Unbreakable siphons
- Dragon tail aeration
- False Bottom grow beds
- Clear Water pickups,
- High-Low, stand pipes for water high tide – low tide growing
- “Gang” barrels to connect multiple grow beds
- “Air Pigtail” spray nozzles for high density Vertical grow beds (New way of compact multiply growing crops)
- Innovations for video and remote monitoring via cell phone all over the world.
- Lots of hands-on devices to check and see for demonstrations.